Infants & Waddlers
Pea Pods' Infant Care provides a loving stimulating environment for babies six weeks to eighteen months of age. Infants have their own crib if they are full time. Our play area is spacious with many activities for all our infants to engage in as they begin to grow. Infants are kept on a regular feeding schedule, sleeping and playing schedule, which includes small and large motor activities.
Our infant caregivers have their Child Development Associates (CDA), infant/child CPR and First Aid, through the American Red Cross.
As infants enter their waddler years, our dedicated staff begins to teach them simple sign language to help them communicate. They also begin their creative stage and the artwork begins. We do go outside as much as possible.
We ask that parents fill out a daily schedule sheet upon enrollment. This information provides us with your infants schedule. Periodically these daily schedule sheets will need to be updated because the infants schedule changes so much during the first year. We have the forms avalible for parents to fill out
Pea Pods participates in a NY State Department of Health Program called Child and Adutl Care Food Program (CACFP). Through this program Pea Pods is able to offer a House Formula, infant cereal, baby foods (such as Gerber or Beechnut), and baby snacks to your child for no additional cost. This program is optional to parents. Please let us know in writing if your child will be using the House Formula and our food.
We provide a daily sheet that is sent home each day with information about your little one's day!! All diaper changes, naps, feedings are documented on the sheet. As always if questions arise you may call and speak to one of our infant staff!
Infant Supply List
- Each full time infant is given their own crib. Please bring in a crib sheet/blanket that will be taken home weekly to be washed.
- Parents need to provide formula if it is not our "house brand". Breast milk must be labled.
- When your child begins to eat solid foods the parent will need to provide jar food and cereal.
- Parents will need to bring in diapers and wipes for their child.
- Extra change of clothing should be provided because spills and spit ups are common!!
- Please label everything.